Today’s class was actually, very, interesting. My favorite part of today’s class was our conversation on “failure.” i actually had something to mention in my project for today that involved failure. Not only could I relate to the failure conversation but it was also educational, and interesting.
A couple of weeks ago I was asked to do something that I loved for an hour, and then bring something that I had got from that experience. So I decided to skateboard for an hour with a friend of mine. Me and my friend deiced to record a few clips of ourselves throughout the hour using an IPhone. I chose to use those clips for this project. So I arranged them in a very particular way, then made a song to put in the background. I hope everyone enjoys my final out come.
What if tigers, didn’t have stripes, controlled the world, didn’t roar, walked on two legs, acted out plays, slept in bed, wore red, drove cars, went to bars, studied the stars, wore shoes, sniffed glue, chewed gum, drank rum, only had fun, built things, made wings, danced, pranced, took over France, free lanced, understood fire, used ice, talked, winked, sank ships, started wars, watched star wars, skateboarded, knew of there own death, studied anything, studied everything, were great at math, got hooked on meth, carried guns, produced bells, all fell in wells, had no tails, told tales, made blogs, burned logs, went to school, swam in pools, replaced they’re whiskers with mustaches, wore eye glasses, drank out of glasses, had thumbs, played sports, had jobs, relied on money.
I Think that they would be just like us.
Well since I’m not much of a reader, I think books are just fine the way they are right now. If i could come up with a new way to read/ access books then I would have to go with text or phone calls. Like other programs right now but you access your books by text to the local library, given that you have a library card, and get a chapter of a book you are currently reading text to you. Hate text messages just call them, and make them read to you.
Today’s class was, very, interesting, and for many reasons, too. One thing that did stick out to me, and really got me thinking was the conversation on “spacing out.” Mostly, because I can relate to the conversation, and it was, kind of, cool to examine something like that. An example was, driving home and not remembering it at all. Like I said today’s class was, very, interesting, and really got the mind thinking.
Catches your eye.
Close eyes and put finger somewhere on page.
- Blank page.
- No words.
- No pictures.
- Nothing surrounding.
Explain the paper feel.
- Slick, paperback.
- Can’t feel the ink of the printed words on the cover with eyes closed.
- Different colors do not feel different with closed eyelids,
- I can discover what the paper says, shows, and bends.
- The cover dose not have any words on it, just a white background with red lines that make up a drawing of flowers.
How the book was constructed.
- Not stitched.
- All paper.
- No signatures
- Not much going on with the edges of the glued spine on the book, just a thin line of glue.
Flip through pages/ Look at end papers.
- In the pictures on some of the page through out the book have writing in it.
- One of the pictures has the words “Never Healed” on it.
- It is a tattoo
- Dose not say who wrote it.
- It was probably a tattoo artist if i had to guess.
Examine book more.
- No stains.
- Are finger prints on cover
- Fingerprints are mine.
- I touched the cover
Look at pages from book.
- Pages are white
- Cold and bright.
- Visual things in the book are; pictures and structures.
History of the book.
- Little to no evidence show that this book has been handled before by anyone else.
- Edges are new and sharp.
- confusion, interest, disinterest.
Flip through Pages quickly.
- No sound
- Can feel breeze.
- Can move something small with the breeze.
- Can not win any type of game using this books breeze.
Drop book on floor.
- Not much experience from it.
- Totally, felt a vibe from it using my feet.
- Did not have shoes on in the first place.
Hold book between hands.
- The book is not cold.
- slight temperature change.
- Well, aware of that.
- From past experiences.
- Not much smell to it, like, print paper.
Read first page.
- Society Verse.
- Title might have something to do with the quote that is on the first page of the book.
- I notice different this on the book.
- Assuming I did in the first place would not be an honest answer, so no.
- books have changed to me in regards of form, found, and relevance.
Think about class.
- This assignment was “fishbowl” in the way that it made me answer questions about the book that required me to think and look at the book differently.
- To expand on how we look at books.
- I can take much from this assignment.
Before this semester had started, I was determined to clear my lab top of everything that I didn’t need from the previous semester. I wouldn’t say i was really, excited, or, thrilled, to do this project i set out on, but i was happy to get started on it so i wouldn’t have to worry about it any more. Things did not turn out exactly how i thought they would some files wouldn’t clear as easily, and i lost other files that I needed. There was a number of files that are hidden somewhere that I couldn’t find and i ended up keeping a lot of files too, but at least i got it done. I ended up making a special folder for everything I did keep from last semester, most of it is stuff that i probably don’t need but am afraid that randomly i will need sometime later. As far as the bead project went though, my only real requirement was that it had to be involved somewhere in the final result. It was my own restrictions that were a hassle for me in the end. My restrictions that i made were that i was going to use one recording of the bead and one program to make my song/ beat. I as well wanted nothing else but that one recorded sound clip to be used in what i was making, so that it would be only the bead making up the final result. Do to the program i was using my biggest limitation problem was making every single noise be that one recorded sound clip of the bead. It was giving not only me but my lap top problems, restrictions, and errors through out the whole time i worked on the project. It was very frustrating, but when i was finished I felt pretty good. There are many things that could be improved on my final outcome of the bead project, but I’m not worried about it because Ive never tried anything like it before, and it gave me more experience.